The Data Science team of Ipsos Belgium seeks a (Big) Data Scientist to anticipate the growing amount of analyses and their increasing complexity. The team is working closely together with the operational and research teams. We want to extend the team to further develop our skills on social media analyses, data fusion, (web) text analyses and generally big data applications.
You will be responsible for:
· Developing and exploiting our expertise on analyses using multiple and diverse data sources
· Setup big data applications and various modelling strategies
· Conducting diverse advanced statistical analyses on market research data.
Techniques include segmentation, conjoint (choice behavior), regression techniques, modelling, data mining, text mining, data fusion,…
· Consulting the research teams with methodological advice and support to interpret analyses
· Automation of tools for frequent analyses, for internal and external use
· Developing new algorithms for statistical analyses
· Contributing to elaborate training material for research teams as well as to present (internal) trainings
Do you recognize yourself in this profile?
· A true passion for working with diverse types of data from different sectors
· Interested in market research
· Simple and clear communication capacities regarding (advanced) analyses
· Critical and analytical mindset
· Functioning well independently as well as in team
· Customer oriented
· Creative and solution oriented
· Ambitious and willing to continuously develop yourself
· Preferably: Master degree in Economics, Marketing, Applied Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Social Sciences. A PhD is an added value.
· Strong statistical insights, by experience or training
· Knowledge or experience in analyzing social media data, databases, web data...
· Knowledge or experience in big data platforms and tools
· Experience with programming in one or more languages, like SPSS, R, Python, SAS, …
· Experience with some of the following techniques: segmentation, regression analysis, factor analysis, conjoint, data mining, predictive modelling, text analysis, data fusion...
· Knowledge of SQL is an asset
· Fluent in Dutch and English, French is an asset
· Challenging, instructive job in a growing team
· Very diverse projects in types of analyses and market
· Developing sector with new challenges
· Training opportunities, internally as well as externally
· International company with motivated colleagues
Send your CV and a motivation letter with reference ‘DS’ to Barber Stes - Barber.Stes@ipsos.com. For more information about our company have a look at www.ipsos.com.